Friday, December 8, 2017

Welcome to My Blog

Welcome to my blog!

Through this blog, I am going to post book reviews including memorable quotes or facts about the book.

I love to read more than anything. I am also a published author. I read all types of books so there will be a wide variety for you to read through.

I have three kids, so my book budget is very limited. Places that I love to get my books from are:


Netgalley
Netgalley is an advanced reading program. You fill out a little biography about yourself and select your preferred genres. Then you can start signing up to read. If approved,  they will send you free copies of books in either Kindle or ePUB edition. They ask that you give feedback when you have finished the book.

Goodreads.com
Goodreads is like a facebook for book lovers. There is a section of giveaways that you can enter. I found out the trick to winning is join a reading group and post frequently. Also, leave reviews of the books you read. This is a great resource to find new releases. There are lists of books that you can search when you just don't know what to read next.

Powells.com
Powells has a program called "Daily Dose". You can submit a review and have it entered into the daily dose. If you review is chosen, you win $20 store credit. If the person from the day before doesn't claim their prize, then you can get $40 and so on.

Thriftbooks.com
This is a used bookstore. If you join their reading rewards program, they will give you 15% off of your first order.  Then after you spend $50 you will get a $5 coupon good on orders over $15. The $50 is accumulative so you don't have to spend it all at once. They will keep track of your order totals and will even show you your progress. They also give you free shipping when you spend $10. They also offer "thrift deals" on select titles where you can pick books up for $3. Some titles I found are pretty popular titles.

Amazon.com
Amazon offers some free Kindle editions as well as the Kindle Unlimited program. The Kindle Unlimited program lets you borrow up to 10 books that are enrolled in the program. I think I pay around $5 a month for this. I recently found out that they also do some giveaways for books and other things.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Twilight Then vs. Now - New Moon Review

“The bond forged between us was not one that could be broken by absence, distance, or time.  And no matter how much more special or beautifu...